Monday, January 28, 2013

Brand new start









dress: ModCloth | cardigan: Target | belt: vintage | jacket: Charlotte Russe | shoes: Target | tights: Walgreens (of all places...)

First of all, two things: 1) This is what happens when my bangs are dirty and I'm too lazy to wash them. I'm sure that I don't look too different to you, but to me, my forehead looks incredibly and uncomfortably exposed. However, instead of washing and styling my bangs just for this shoot - in the interest of full disclosure - I decided to leave them as is. 2) Please excuse any awkward posing; the temperature was in the single digits. I'm pretty sure we finished these photos in record time! And now, to your regularly scheduled post...

As I alluded to in my last outfit post, things have been going wonderfully lately. Then, I couldn't say why, but today, I can! Just under two weeks ago, Chris came across a job posting that sounded absolutely perfect for me. I spent every night that week putting together the most awesome pitch/resume I possibly could. Just hours after I sent it off, they contacted me for an interview, which I had on Wednesday...and on Thursday, I found out that I got the job! So, starting in two weeks, I will officially be the graphic designer for an incredible company in a gorgeous office downtown. This has all been such a whirlwind, but needless to say, I could hardly be happier!

You know, it's funny how life works. Before I started college, I had planned to study graphic design, but I decided against it because I'd heard that the market was flooded. So I ended up studying creative writing (and loved every minute of it). After I graduated, I found a writing job...but their graphic designer quit, so I took over design duties as well. And now I've come full circle and gotten my dream job. It would be hard to exaggerate how much I learned at my current job - and leaving will feel very strange - but it's time for me to grow and stretch my skills.

Thanks for going with me on this journey, readers. I can hardly wait to see what the future holds!

19 comments:

  1. So excited for you, Laura! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just great, congratulations!
    And you look really cute in that dress!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the mustard shade with your hair! cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color of your dress is perfect in combination with your hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress looks so good on you. I love all of the buttons on the dress.

    http://heidiswanderings.blogspot/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures, you look so different without your fringe, cute both ways though!
    Congratulations on your new job!
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! You look absolutely lovely! Great pictures and congrats on your new job! xx

    http://thehonestfox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your new job! That is such amazing news, you must be seriously thrilled! How exciting. And I totally know how you feel about the bangs situation. Anytime I can see my forehead, I'm thrown off. It's definitely funny to get used to!! I love your blog :)

    xo inventedromance.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love mixing yellow and black too, one of the best combinations ever! Is even better on you because it makes a great contrast with your red hair. By the way, congrats on your achievements at work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!!! I'm a bit jealous of your snow.
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. very beautifull photo's, did I say I love your hair? I really love it hihi! and the outfit is just lovely too!

    xxx
    http://losttinafairytale.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty photos! Love the yellow on you, great color!

    xx Michelle

    Fierce & Fashionable

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laura, these pictures of you are truly wondrous! you are such a magnificent spirit and it shows with every twirl you take. you sure braved the cooler temps in supreme style and grace! i love the outfit and can completely empathize with you about hair overhauls in the form of brushed away bangs or hat coverage (which was my case today!). baha!

    uber huge congrats about your new gig! it sounds right up your creative alley and i'm sure you'll blow them all way with your mad design skills. way to go!!! i think the universe was conspiring in your favor the whole entire time. this is what they mean when they say that you subconsciously build the life you're supposed to be living. you've come full circle girl. walk strong and proud about that fact! many blessings!!!! xo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely photos--especially love those booties!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! I'm so excited for you and your new job. That's awesome that you ended up learning what you wanted to study originally and that you have a job doing it now. This makes me more excited to get into the work force. Unfortunately I have to finish grad school even though I'm ready to work!
    Anyway, this dress is so pretty on you and you did a great job taking these pictures speedy fast!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the new job, it sounds amazing! It's kind of incredible how things fall in to place sometimes.

    And this outfit is beautiful on you, I love how the yellow dress contrasts with your red hair.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't seen your forehead in so long. I approve. :) Makes your skin look even more porcelain. :)

    You're beautiful always.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh your hair is SO beautiful! It is the most perfect shade of red!

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete