Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thursday Three: 1.24.13


Ladies and gentlemen (who am I kidding - it's mostly ladies), I have a serious style crush on Signe of Signeroo. I was lucky enough to stumble upon her blog on Chictopia the other day, and I'm absolutely hooked! She's only been blogging since October, but I can already tell she's one to watch. She wears oxblood/maroon/burgundy/whatever-you-want-to-call-that-trendy-dark-red-color like a champ, and her dark locks are giving me some serious hair envy. So, pop on over to her blog and say hello!

2. Super-skinny rings

I'm not typically a big jewelry person - I've been wearing the same necklace and earrings daily for years - but as soon as I saw that skinny gold heart ring on Ruche, I fell a little bit in love. Much to my sadness, it was already sold out when I found it. Don't you just hate it when that happens? 

Luckily, there are plenty of other options around the web. I'm particularly smitten with this handmade crescent moon ring by GramercyEight on Etsy. She has quite the incredible story: last year, she fell 30 feet, shattered three vertebra, and severed her spine in half. Miraculously, she's going to make a full recovery, but in the meantime, making jewelry is a big part of her healing process. Please check out her shop - she does beautiful work!


This last item should come as a surprise to...absolutely no one. I mean, really: it's a turquoise and red fox-print dress custom-made in the UK with organic cotton. Does it get any better than that? No. No, it does not. I've been thinking for a while how wonderful it would be to get a dress tailor-made for my body, and I'm also trying to make an effort to shop with a more ethical mindset. What better way to do both than to invest in a dress like this? It would be one of the priciest items of clothing I've ever bought, but like I said, it would be an investment in a timeless, classic piece. As soon as I save up enough money, you can bet that this dress will find its way into my closet.

That's all for this week's Thursday Three! I hope you all have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely things, I too much prefer very skinny rings and that dress is gorgeous (bit short for me though!)
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful post! I love that dress, I saw it on Etsy awhile back and I was instantly smitten! xx

    http://thehonestfox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell in love with that ring and then saw it has sold out :( I have put my email into the list for if and when it comes back in stock, the bf saw it and said he will buy it me for valentines if it comes back in, fingers crossed!

    That dress is perfection!

    Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend
    Giveaway Post >>> bakeglueandtrend.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/love-dress-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my god that dress!

    ReplyDelete