Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sounds like hallelujah











dress: Charlotte Russe | belt: vintage | shoes: Target

I've had these photos sitting in the queue for a week now; life, as it so often does, got in the way! Not that I mind. It's all been for good reasons - and in fact, life has been unusually wonderful lately. Though I can't say why, I'm feeling hopeful in a way that I haven't felt in a long time. Among other things, I've been having fun sharpening my graphic design skills both at work and at home, and feeling more and more that I'm just about at my happiest when I'm designing. I still have much to learn (I'm self taught), but even watching and reading tutorials makes me happy. Do any of you design-inclined folks have any favorite graphic design resources?

I know that it's somewhat of a blogger faux pas to talk about the weather, but when it's been this strange, I really can't help it: this winter has been absolutely bizarre. I have to keep reminding myself that my birthday was only weeks ago instead of months! We're having the family celebration of my birthday tomorrow, and while I'm excited, it just doesn't feel quite real. I'm not used to seeing so much grass in January. I hope the effects on the planet aren't too bad (though that seems less and less likely), but I admit that I've been enjoying the respite from the snow. Any day when I don't have to wake up 45 minutes early to scrape off my car and drive 30 miles an hour is a good day.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. You look lovely, the print on that dress is fabulous and I really like those tights. Any tips on where to get coloured tights that are matte rather than shiny would be greatly appreciated :)

    Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always, and here in the UK we've been having crazy weather too although it is kind of worrying.

    Love, Lauren.
    www.peachtea.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those red tights & lips with the b&w dress! and don't worry, we all have to talk about the weather sometimes, since it influences what we wear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad life has been treating you well. :) Love the black and white dress paired with red tights. You always look fresh and beautiful.
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this bunches and bunches. The red tights are so groovy~

    The Occasional Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  6. Babe! Red tights + red hair...so cute!
    Glad to hear things are going well for you. It's always nice to hear good, hopeful things about people's lives ;)

    And I am SOOOO guilty of weather talk! Hahaha I can't help it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look lovely! The apples on your dress are just adorable. It's so nice to hear how well things are going for you!

    xo inventedromance.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this dress! It looks perfect on you and the red tights are the best things ever to pair with it. I'm glad things are going well lately too! That's always nice to hear!

    ReplyDelete