Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Fox heart










"I wear lady ties now. Lady ties are cool."


top: Forever 21 | lady tie: Flapper Girl | fox sweater: Cooperative via Fawn on a Lawn | skirt: hand-me-down from my sister | boots: ModCloth

There's so much new going on in this photo - kind of perfect for one of my first posts of the new year, don't you think? First of all, there's this sweater, which I was lucky enough to snag from Rachel of Jag Lever. I'll be the first to admit that sequins aren't usually my thing, but how could I ever say no to this fox? I actually bought this sweater a couple months ago (and have worn it once a week ever since), but somehow it hadn't yet made its blog debut. It's hard to have a bad day when you've got a sparkly fox on your chest, I've found.

It's funny how much people associate me with foxes now, even if they don't know about this blog. A couple weeks ago, I even got to play a fox in a skit at the local Russian Christmas party. I was a bit under the weather, but they liked my performance so much that I am officially going to be the fox every year! I don't understand every word (the skits are mostly Russian; I spoke my lines in English), but it is really fun to get to take part in my sisters' culture.

Anyway, aside from my sweater, my lady tie is also new - and in a way, so is my hair. The former was a Christmas gift from Chris, and I've been wearing it pretty much every single day I can get away with it! The latter is a result of this no-heat hair curling technique, which is probably the best I've found so far. I really hate putting heat on my hair, so I was delighted to find this method - even more so when I discovered that it worked beautifully! Have you ever tried it out?

P.S. - The title of this post comes from the song "Fox Heart" by Photographers. You can listen to it here.

25 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this post Laura! These pictures are so gorgeous and I love your hair <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!! I love the fox sweater :)
    tr[i]b[e]cca

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are amazing! Love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are gorgeous! This outfit is so lovely. The snow and that barn make such a dreamy setting too. I'm so glad you <3 your Lady Tie! Thank you so much for your <3 and support!

    xoxo
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look SO LOVELY! Your sweater is amazing and I love the red barn door. What a perfect backdrop!
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the reds in these photos are so bright and gorgeous!

    The Occasional Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sweater!!! I love it and it's so perfect for you. The sequins make it even better. It definitely would be hard to be in a bad mood while wearing a sequined fox. I love everything about this outfit. You did such a cute job of layering the yellow blouse under your sweater. And the addition of the cross tie! Perfect. Your no-heat curls look super pretty too. I think they turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are amazing! I am so glad I found you on Chictopia :)I really love your hair and your style sense. Always so sophisticated, so classy and adorable. Your blog is one of my New year newly founds and I am so happy :)
    Greetings from another redhead from Macedonia :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I LOVE that blouse so much! The fox is already super adorable, but add the sequins and I'm in love. Haha, great outfit :)

    -Jessica (Sew In Love)

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw, you got the sweater! I love how your styled it. btw, I sent you an email last week & waiting for your reply :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh, weird - I just looked all through my inbox, and I can't seem to find it anywhere! Try re-sending it, and I'll get back to you ASAP :)

      Delete
    2. try spam? if not, can you email me your shipping address?

      Delete
  11. These are such beautiful photos! I love your hair and it goes so well with all the red :) Aren't lady ties amazing??

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are perfect! I just love this outfit and how it matches you so well. Matches your hair, and personality! And what a gorgeous location. :)

    xxoo Elanor

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahhhhh have that sweater too!! LOVE IT! never would have style it like this but you look so adorable!!!
    loving the next tie :)

    xo. c & v
    cake & valley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your style and your blog photos are so crisp! Consider yourself followed ;)
    xx

    http://thelittlejennywren.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this sweater, it is too cute :)

    www.inspirationlush.com
    http://www.facebook.com/InspirationLush

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH that sweater. Quite amazing!



    zuleyb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your hair <3 these pics are just gorgeous and your sweater is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - these photos are stunning!
    Love the hair! I'm your latest follower now!
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome pictures, and I love that sweater!!! xoxo Lynn Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've just discovered your blog and I'm in love! Your style is so perfect! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your style! If you decide to sell the fox top, let me know! I've been searching for this everywhere!

    ReplyDelete