Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thursday Three: 11.15.12

1. The most perfect house

I'm home sick from work today, and all I really want is to be as cozy as possible - and this tiny house looks like the perfect place to do it! For the life of me, I can't find any information about this place, but I'm going to make it my life goal to have a house just like it. (Probably with the exception of the antlers hanging at the top.)


Contrary to what my friend Tom thought, this is not a tutorial on how to have warm feet (though I'm sure it would do the trick nicely). Instead, it's a tutorial on how to break in your shoes if they're too tight - and it's incredible! My right foot is just bigger enough than my left that buying shoes can sometimes be a pain, so I'm grateful I found this. It can't work miracles, necessarily, but I've tried this on two pairs of shoes to great effect. Try it out yourself, and let me know how it works!


Chris and I have been on somewhat of a British TV kick, so I felt I would be remiss if I didn't tell you all about Sherlock. In case you couldn't guess, it's a  modern reimagination of the Sherlock Holmes stories. This is the one show I recommend pretty much everywhere I go. Everything about it - the acting, cinematography, writing, everything - is just brilliant. It's funny and suspenseful and has a villain that ranks up right next to Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker. There are only six episodes (though they're each an hour and a half), so it's not a huge time commitment - and just see if you can hold back the tears at the end of season 2's last episode. I'd tell you more, but it's better if you go in spoiler-free and just enjoy it for yourself.

And on that note, Chris and I are going to make (more) homemade hot chocolate and watch (even more) Doctor Who. Have a great weekend, everyone! What are you loving this week from around the web?

12 comments:

  1. get well soon! i love Sherlock and Doctor Who! xoRachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherlock is seriously a masterpiece.

    -Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to have to try out number 2!!
    And I want that house! Soooocozy. Feel better!

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is a nice house!

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/prettylittletitch

    ReplyDelete
  5. that interior is so warm and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my, that little house is just about the cutest thing ever. there is something so charming about tiny log cabins, i'd love to live in one as well! hope you feel better! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww! i'm sorry that you're feeling sick. that little loft house looks so sweet and cozy! i'd love to spend a weekend there :)

    i've heard of sherlock but haven't yet seen it. i like sherlock holmes, so maybe i should check it out! you have a really lovely blog. i hope you feel better soon, dear.

    xox, amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy being at home :) sometimes it's nice to be feeling ropey and get a little me-time :)

    If you're searching for any more British TV try Made In Chelsea, I heard it's hitting American screens at the moment - so funny and so British. Reminds me of home <3

    Hebe xx

    http://thesehappyplaces.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What?!! I cannot wait to break in my annoyingly tight nude flats! Thanks for this (and feel better!) Your blog is adorable!

    xo
    Sarah

    www.stylesarah.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Foxy, you might just have saved my summer feet! (It's summer here in Australia, they have everything backwards...) One of my feet is longer too. As if having size 9/EU 40 isn't hard enough!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Got to try the breakin shoe! Got to try it!! Can't wait!
    Thanks for sharing ! (And thanks to Tieka from Selective Potential for her link to your blog that I am delightfully discovering.)
    Alvina VR

    ReplyDelete