Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tunesday: What Wonder Is This Universe!


Happy Tunesday, everyone! I've long thought that as long as I have music to listen to, I can get through just about anything. So I've decided that, every so often on a Tuesday, I'd like to share the love by sharing some tunes.

I couldn't think of anyone better to start off with than The Soil & The Sun.

Genre: Experiential Spiritual Folk-Rock/New Mexican Space Music (if that doesn't make you want to listen to them, I don't know what will!)

Latest release: Happily, yesterday they released their second full-length album - and once again, they have exceeded all my expectations. The record is called What Wonder Is This Universe! and you can listen to it in its entirety right here. They're also going on tour all over the U.S., so be sure to check out their tour dates!

Standout songs: Their new album is wonderful from start to finish, but I especially recommend "The Devil Made Me Do It," "You Alone Know," "Who Is He, Anyway?" and "I Know It (I Feel It, Too)"

Now, first off...when I hear the phrase "local band," I immediately think that they're probably not that good. I know that when I first went to see this band play two and a half years ago - in someone's living room, no less - I had absolutely zero expectations. I went because I knew someone in the band, and I wanted to show support. But I figured I'd be checking my watch the whole way through.

How wrong I was.

It was love at first listen. And over the years, my love for them has only grown - as their sound has grown, as well. These days they usually play with 8 or more people on the stage, with drums, guitar, violin, accordion, and all manner of other instruments. Every time I hear them play, I walk away with my soul feeling refreshed. That's the only way to describe it.

So if you like music that gets in your bones, makes you tap your feet, and refreshes your soul, check these guys out - and be sure to let me know what you think!

And, just because I felt that it went very well with their album title - here's a photo I snapped in the car on the way to my friend Matt's wedding on Sunday. We do live in a wonderful universe, don't we?

5 comments:

  1. Wow, they are quite catchy and wonderful sounding. I do think I might need some of these songs on my MP3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I only listened to The Devil Made Me Do It, and I'm already in love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I always love discovering new music so I will for sure check them out later today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for introducing me to these guys! I love them! :) yayy for new bands, its so awesome finding new bands you love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Checking them out now!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete