Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A new addition...

Say hello to Bandit!

What? you might be thinking. Where did this come from?!

I wouldn't blame you. I'd be lying if I said that getting a corgi puppy had been in my immediate plans...but it was definitely in my long-term plans. Corgis seem to be the "in" breed right now, but if you'll forgive me sounding like a hipster for a moment, Chris has always wanted one. He grew up with a corgi named Davy, and was heartbroken when he died when Chris was 13. He's wanted one ever since.

So how did we get here?

Well, what started out as me spamming Chris's Facebook with cute corgi pictures to cheer him up yesterday turned into a quick Google search to see if there were any corgi puppies available in our area - a search I've done before with no success. This time, however, the search led me to a listing for puppies for sale 5 hours away. The price was right. They were precious and healthy and painfully adorable. And perhaps most amazingly of all, they were available to take home this upcoming Monday, which is a holiday - so I don't even have to take the day off! Serendipity at its finest.

I realize this has all happened quickly, but Chris and I are/have been dog owners, so we have a pretty good idea of what we're getting into. Technically, it will be his dog, and kept mostly at his house instead of mine since he has more time to devote to a puppy than I do...but you better believe I'll be showering that pup with love as often as I possibly can.

And you better prepare yourselves, because there's going to be a huge onslaught of cute on this blog starting in about a week!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was meant to be :) What a PRECIOUS puppy!! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serendipity indeed!! Congrats, he's adorable!

    The Occasional Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable!! I want a bernese mountain dog puppy one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's too cute! I don't think I'd ever tire of seeing him on your blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. !!! Corgi puppies kill me, they're so cute. A friend of mine has a corgi that wears a doggy necktie and it is just too much for my little heart to handle! Looking forward to seeing lots of pictures of your new corgi pup!

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I nearly cried when I saw this picture! Bandit is so stinking cute it hurts! Congrats on the new addition! xx

    http://thehonestfox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's adorable! I haven't seen a corgi puppy before, since they're not that popular here (I guess). congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah dying! So so so cute! me and my family just got a puppy too! we just got a german shephard puppy. :)

    <3Chelsea
    http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was definitely meant to be! He's sooooo cute! I've been loving your pictures of him on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete